Hyatt Elite rate 2015

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, Nov 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am GP Diamond and have re-qualified for next year. In the last couple weeks when I tried to book the Elite rate for stays in 2015 nothing shows up. Rumors are, it will be discontinued after December 31st, 2014. (like the small print says)

Hyatt gives me a 20% discount of the BAR and I get the Diamond benefit. Ok, I get it, that is not good for Hyatt. Almost all of my stays are either points and cash or the Elite rate. Hardly ever do I book the normal rate. That is because almost all my stays are in either Asia or Europe where Hyatt properties are low in number and often HR's and up. Rates are to high for me, much higher compared than with the other intern. chains. (Hilton, Marriott, Accor, Starwood, etc) I have status with them as well and so lots of choices.

Hyatt might look at my account and think, he is booking Elite rate too much and we are loosing money. What they can not see is the answer to: Would he stay with Hyatt if the Elite rate is not offered?

I give the answer for myself: "most likely not and I would definitely not make Diamond again. So that starts a chain reaction...Think it through. I urge Hyatt to continue the Elite rate, It will be better for Hyatt in the long run.

2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be curious to see what they do with p and c and elite rate. I tkhey were a great way to encourage people to stay there that might not have otherwise. The question is does Hyatt feel the economy is going well enough that they do not need to insentivize people to stay. In other terms that there are enough people who would stay at Hyatt whether or not there was these options available.

Personally I feel the elite rate and p and c drove a lot of customers to them, and I'm not sure that if those go away they would maintain the same number of people. Hard to say though since the economy does seem to be improving which usually means more business and leisure travel.

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Between and the challenge changes, the mind wonders if there are some serious changes coming to the GP program next year.

Plus the delay on the P3 offering... (I still think Hyatt will be a part of it, considering the relationship with Jeff).

Conspiracy theorists wanna know... :)

flyingdawg, uggboy and markcwj like this.
  4. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do hope that the Hyatt comes with the P3. :) Hopefully My Elite Rate still stays!

Thomask, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  5. Tokyo Hyatt Fan

Tokyo Hyatt Fan Silver Member

Status Points:
    New rumors are that the My Elite Rate will return in 2015...but that those rates will not be available until 2015.

6. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wish I could have used this during 2014. It was not available on any of my attempted bookings (Anaheim, New Orleans, San Fran, Orlando, etc) this year. I actually thought that something was wrong with my profile, and opened a help ticket with GP support. Fortunately (?) for me, it was just that the rate was never available for me on the dates I needed. Oh well, hopefully it's around again so I can keep trying to book it!

theBOAT

7. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is P3?

8. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had about 50% success booking this rate. Sometimes it helped to book a 2 night stay in 2 x one nighters. At other times when Hotel had high occupancy the Elite rate was not available at all.