Hyatt eliminating some airline earning & transfer partners after March 15, 2012

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Jenny & Curt, Feb 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got my GP Summary today, and paged down to find this. Of special note to US Airways members -- if there is a Grand Slam 2012, Hyatt is no longer a possibility for a hotel stay or transfer "hit."

CHANGES TO MILEAGE EARNING OPTIONS

After March 15, 2012, Hyatt will no longer offer guests the option to earn miles1 with Aeroplan2 (Air Canada), Alaska Airlines, Frontier Airlines and US Airways for hotel stays. You may continue to earn miles with these airlines for completed stays through March 15. Additionally, after this time period, Hyatt Gold Passport® members will no longer be able to convert Hyatt Gold Passport points to miles with these airline programs.
    You will still have the opportunity to earn miles when you stay with Hyatt and convert your Hyatt Gold Passport points into miles with any of our other participating airlines.

1Use of the term 'miles' is a generic term that refers to all travel partner currency, including credits, kilometers, miles and points.
    2 ®Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aeroplan Canada Inc.

Convert your points into miles with these airlines today.

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This has already been reported in two different threads in this forum: one started by gleff two days ago (Wednesday) where discussion has already taken place and one started yesterday (Thursday) by our Hyatt MP rep with the official announcement.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks -- I did search, honest I did. Will try to delete.
    But meanwhile, here are the two threads you mention but I didn't find earlier:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/hyatt-gold-passport-partners.29414/#post-1230875
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...e-partners-after-march-15.29369/#post-1229603

iolaire likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    No big deal, IMO. We're not exactly drowning in threads here. I tend to just eye-ball the list of recent threads, either overall or in a particular forum, before I start a news-related thread.

I don't think you can, but I don't think it really matters.

Toula likes this.
  5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that was my downfall, actually. I do the same, and the GP Concierge's didn't draw my attention because of his innocuous title, and Gary Leff's was back a page at the time -- so I figured it was OK, rather than searching specific key words. Lesson learned. And thanks for the gentle tone.

Toula and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think if you click the report button you can request that this thread be merged into another one on the same subject.