Hyatt Diamond Status Match Communication

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Always Be Flying, Nov 24, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Always Be Flying
    Original Member

Always Be Flying Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like many, I sent an email and twitter to Hyatt GP on Thursday night and followed instructions to request the status match to Diamond. Everything looked like I was "eligible" since HH gold was on the list (although that would be a GENEROUS but very welcomed match) - Then 4 days of nothing. Today I got an email saying my match request would be reviewed within 14 business days.

I have friends who requested after I did who received their match within hours. Was the volume of requests not foreseen? I have heard a number of varying accounts. I figure at this point I won't get anything, but it's odd that this wouldn't have been handled a little better.

Pizzaman likes this.
  2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I suspect they got way more interest than they expected. They obviously don't want to dilute Diamond too much. My guess is they're taking a step back to figure out how to handle the situation.

Definitely sounds like the communication strategy needs some work.

3. alfagirl

alfagirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I finally got approval (yay) of my status match last night and I requested it Nov. 24.... that works for me as I have upcoming Hyatt stays in Dec. and Jan.

4. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a DM via Twitter saying they are pleased to offer me diamond status and that it would be active in 14 days or so. Then about a week later another DM via Twitter that they would match me to plat (I'm SPG plat) but that I'm already Hyatt plat so no further changes would be made to my account. I haven't written back yet. Waiting to see if left doesn't know what right hand is doing and my diamond status will post. Hilton Diamond Status had already posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    My Timeline...

11/22, Initial DM to @HyattConcierge
    11/24, DM reply from @HyattConcierge
    11/25, send screenshots of SPG Plat status via DM
    11/25, reply from @HyattConcierge saying email
    11/25, email GoldPassport same screenshots
    12/8, email reply about Diamond status

6. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got an email from Hyatt Gold Passport on 11/25 saying it will take up to 14 business days for consideration. Still no result. Will email a follow up this week.