Hyatt.com issue - info

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by bbernahl, Apr 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bill from Hyatt E-Commerce here. We're in the process of working to launch a major update to Hyatt.com for both the property sites and the booking experience. We've encountered a problem with the booking portion of the site and are working to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope to have things up or to restore service to the old version soon.

2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Bill!

3. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up - been trying to book ressies all day!:(

karung99 likes this.
  4. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, I thought I did something wrong can't log in earlier.

5. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    We're up now with the new site. Please let me know if you see any problems.

IDGflygirl and TravelBear like this.
  6. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bill, I love the new site very simple however, when I checked Detroit, MI it asked me to choose the hotel instead as a group was it because there is only HP?

7. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just tried to make an award reservation & somehow the 'state' info. is missing from my profile & the drop down box is blank, so I cannot complete the reservation!:(

8. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bill from Hyatt E-Commerce here. I'm sorry to report the we had to roll back the release. While the new property sites and booking path worked properly for all brands and languages, we had performance problems that slowed response time and caused issues which some of you encountered above so we needed to flip back to the old site. We conduct extensive performance testing before we move a release to production, but the issue that occurred here is something we had not encountered. Sorry for the inconvenience and we'll do everything we can to not impact customers when we do move this to production.

9. bbernahl

bbernahl Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the new site, which we had to rollback, we spent a lot of time improving the type ahead. When you type in "Detroi", for example, we'll show you any major cities matching what you entered (e.g. "Detroit, MI") as well as any properties that contain this in the name. The only exception is when you type in something that matches too many entries to display (e.g., "Park Hyatt" won't auto populate a long list, but "Park Hyatt Ch" will bring back "Park Hyatt Chicago").

karung99 likes this.
  10. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still having a terrible time with speed and performance on the "old" site now. Unable to click the calendar, unable to click the radio buttons for AARP, etc.

This is only in chrome so far. Firefox works fine.