Hyatt.com displays incorrect prices

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not really a new thing (I have seen this for a while), but I thought I'd mention it here to make people aware of it and maybe give Hyatt an opportunity to look into it.

Searched today for a AAA rate for HP Fremont. Site shows $74:

Hyatt1.png

When I then click on "View All Rooms & Rates", the actual price for a AAA room is $67:

Hyatt2.png

It appears the first page displays the Hyatt Daily Rate.

One would think this is something Hyatt wants fixed as it gives people the impression that their rates are higher than they really are.

arkleseizure and Scottrick like this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I too have noticed they only show daily rate when searching and you have to open up for the lower/corp rates.

3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I knew about this but routinely ignore it. It reminds me of United's (and many other airline's) policy of listing base fares, and then only showing the full price with taxes and fees once you select your individual flights and click through to purchase. I just gave up trusting United and use other sources to search for my itinerary.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    But in this case it's utterly stupid because I might decide to book somewhere else because they are showing a price that's 10% higher than their real price. Do they have ANY quality assurance for their website?!?

Scottrick likes this.
  5. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I agree, it is stupid. United only gets my money because of the risk of dealing with someone else in case of a schedule change or other issue. Hotel sites lose my business because I don't play the status game with them and Orbitz is easier. But if/when I do start playing, I will have persevere despite their lack of quality control just to make sure I get stay credit.

6. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed the same phenomenon - with regularity - searching for government rates.

As much as I like Hyatt's products, their website is surely the poorest in the industry.

7. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes the displayed rate is the Advanced Purchase rate and then you click through to see that the AAA and Daily Rate are much higher.