Hyatt Card: 2 free nights at Hyatt Maldives?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by pnoeric, Feb 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, since the oneworld MegaDo, I've been looking at the Hyatt Chase card and have a few questions that I'm hoping someone knows the answer to--

- The card comes with 2 free nights at any Hyatt. Does that include the Maldives property?

- I understand that at the Maldives, if we use points (or possibly those free-night certs), that books us into a basic land room, then we have to pay to upgrade to overwater. Can we pay with points and do you know how many?

That's all for now-- just trying to plan the big anniversary trip for John and myself in September, so sorting out all the options :)

best
    E

2. okrogius

okrogius Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the terms of the offer: "Each Free Night Award is valid for use for one (1) night in any available standard room within one year from issuance at any Hyatt Hotel or Resort worldwide." This is good for any property - just standard room.

Generally most properties will be happy to pre-upgrade you for some cash rather than points, but you can always ask. Send an email to the property.

Also, other costs for Maldives to remember include food and boat transfer.

pnoeric likes this.
  3. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Maybe someone will know the cash amount to upgrade, or might have tried this at the Maldives... ?! :)