Hyatt Capital

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by websteth, Dec 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I just booked 3 nights at the Hyatt Capital in Washington, DC. Two of the nights I am using award nights. Has anyone stayed here before? I know parts of it are going to be under renovation but just curious to hear what people think of it. Thanks!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm assuming you're staying at the Regency Capitol Hill.

The location is excellent for tourism. It's a few blocks from Union Station (metro access) and just a few blocks from the Capitol on the Senate side. It's a fairly easy walk to the National Archives and National Galleries, and a slightly longer walk to the other museums along the Mall.

You'll be a little down from the restaurants along Penn and up into Gallery Place/China Town, but all will be walkable or a cheap cab ride.

The hotel has a nice bar with decent food if you don't feel like venturing out.

I'm there far more often to meet with people than to stay, but the rooms were fairly nice the last time I stayed there and not nearly as tired as those at the Grand Hyatt.

3. websteth

websteth Silver Member

Status Points:
    That would be the one. We were actually going to go for the Grand Hyatt but there wasn't any rooms available. Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to the trip. You are the forth person to mention the bar! Thanks again.

Kalboz likes this.