Hyatt Called Me

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Dec 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if anyone else has had this experience but this morning Hyatt called me to see if I had any problems with any previous Hyatt stays.

I had previously stayed quite frequently at the beginning of the year with Hyatt as a Diamond but due to availability of Hyatt hotels in cities which I travel to (e.g. they were either being sold out, too expensive or did not have a hotel there at all), I have not stayed at Hyatt since the middle of the year.

I applaud Hyatt for being responsive to see if there were any reasons why they are losing this Diamond member... but alas, it's because your network is too small for me to be able to always stay at a Hyatt.

IDGflygirl, wrxmom, Jimgotkp and 10 others like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    that is nice to see. Was there any response to your comment about Hyatt's small footprint?

On a side note, I'm a bit jealous as I used to be a very heavy Hyatt user for years (also have Hyatt CC) yet no call when my stays dropped off to zero last year.

3. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can ask Jeff's assistant to give you a call hopefully you will start staying at Hyatt again :)
    When are you coming back to Bay Area again? Need another SW DO here.

4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did they make any offers to abate the situation? or, did they just call to check your pulse?

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd respond by asking when are you coming back to the Chicago area?:D Let's stay in touch & hopefully our paths will cross in 2013.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The network issue has pushed me away from hyatts as well, unfortunately.

7. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    They actually only asked as to whether there was a negative experience as to why I stopped staying at Hyatt. They didn't follow up with anything else. Nice in that it was a short conversation focused only on remedying customer service issues.

I'm sure they know that their network is small which makes it hard to always stay at a Hyatt and anyone who's been in Silicon Valley during the work week lately has seen rates shoot up and hotels sold out.

8. jparker

jparker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I challenged to Diamond this year with Hyatt and have been able to use exactly one of the suite upgrades this year due to the lack of footprint. I like their Hyatt Place concept and have stayed in that a few times, but even that footprint is limited and doesn't offer anything over Hilton or Marriott properties.

It is easy to read all the blog posts that rave about Hyatt but business travelers have to keep in mind that most of those posters are destination travelers and probably not staying in Peoria, IL anytime soon.

9. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I long for the day they open a Hyatt or Starwood hotel in Amarillo, TX. There should be a new Hyatt in Cupertino opening 2013, but, darn it, just as my parents move away. Fortunately their new home has more options.

perryplatypus likes this.
  10. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    Who is Jeff?

Kalboz likes this.
  11. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some day all Jeffs will come together for the common Jeffhod, and be the ruler of all things Delta, United, and Hyatt.

karung99 and Jimgotkp like this.
  12. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not likely making diamond this year. When I was lucky enough to have a Hyatt in the area I was working it was nearly $100 or more higher then SPG or HHonors. Same for my Xmas vacation coming up. Nice people though.

karung99 and Kalboz like this.
  13. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff Zidell the man in charge! :D

karung99 likes this.
  14. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    So does this mean that karung99 works for Hyatt or knows Jeff?

karung99 and Kalboz like this.
  15. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know ... but Jeff has been a regular feature here and all the MilePoint Mega Dos.

anabolism likes this.
  16. anabolism
    Original Member

anabolism Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not know that. Cool!

17. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Jeff is VP of Gold Passport, and very kind and very helpful for all of us in Flyertalk or MP communities.

They way I promote and talk about Hyatt I should get paid by Hyatt (Jeff are you listesning :) )
    So far all my friends and relative has been converted to Hyatt if not already :)

Kalboz and anabolism like this.