Hyatt Basic Math

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Tenmoc, Apr 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am wondering what the general Hyatt population of MP thinks of the points they're being awarded for stays.
    I am concerned because now 4 stays in a row, the numbers are not coming out as they should. And they're obvious things to spot like $104 for the room but less than 500 base points.
    Or 80.10 for the room, but 399 (ok that's off by 1 point, but multiple times)

Is this normal for hyatt or am i just having a string really fun bad luck?

LIH Prem and GoodBoy like this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally normal.
    Sometimes they are in your favor, sometimes not.

LIH Prem and GoodBoy like this.
  3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not noticed any points issues with my stays lately. In the past, it seemed like it might be location specific and not necessarily systemic (e.g. certain hotels not entering diamond bonus correctly). Are all the errors confined to one or a couple of hotels or across the board for all the different Hyatt hotels you are staying at?

LIH Prem and Tenmoc like this.
  4. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    The last 4 stays are the only ones I can be sure of because the others had a mix of drinks and or food added in that isn't well separated. But it is 4 different hotels and the only errors or at least what i see as errors are with regular points. Not the diamond amenity etc.

LIH Prem likes this.
  5. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to call the diamond line to fix points with Hyatt. The one item that never posts for me is the Diamond Welcome Amenity Bonus...I swear every time...

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    if that's true, you should be getting an extra 500 points every time. yes, every time.

why bother to call? Just email them or send a message here or on FT to Gold Passport Concierge and they will take care of missing points, missing amenity bonus or any other issues you have.

-David

Tenmoc likes this.