Hyatt Award Alerts (and more)

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Wandering Aramean, Jul 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No award nights available at that Hyatt you’re looking to book in to? Tired of checking every day (or multiple times daily) to see if anything has changed? Now there’s a tool which can help you with that. Introducing the Hyatt Award Alerts from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools. The concept is pretty simple and similar to the various other award alerts I’ve built, though there are a few differences worth noting.

[​IMG]

Like the other alerts you simply choose where and when you’re hoping to see an award become available. Unlike the others, however, this search requires choosing a specific hotel rather than anything near an airport. So, fill in your details, create the alert and let it go.

[​IMG]

Also of note is that the hotel name search is based on the name Hyatt has given the property, not its address. Typing in Las Vegas will only show you the Hyatt Place there; if you want any of the partner properties (e.g. Aria, Vdara, etc.) you need to type in that name, not just Vegas. On the plus side, there is an option to select the hotel from a map rather than typing in the name:

[​IMG]
    And, yes, that's nearly 600 Hyatt Hotels all on a single map.

Just click on a hotel and it should populate the search box at the top of the page.

Regular members on the site can have up to 5 active alerts at any given time; First Class members can have up to 50.

And, should the alert trigger you’ll receive an email with the details.

[​IMG]

Hyatt offers multiple different award types at some properties at different price points so the alert will include the details of both the room description and the points required to reserve a night there. The alert details are also visible on the site in the Search History page.

[​IMG]

There are 598 hotels currently supported by the tool, which I believe covers every Gold Passport property in the Hyatt system. If there’s one you see missing please let me know and I’ll get it added. I also think I built it so it can self-update as new properties are added, though I suppose we’ll need to wait for that to happen before I can tell if it is working.

Like most of the tools I’m sure there are some bugs in this one. I’ve tested it a bit and even had a few others help but there is no doubt a few slipped through. Drop me a line if you see something amiss.

Enjoy!

2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I noticed once the alert fires off, it will keep firing off the emails at whatever interval you set to check. Not sure if this was intended or not.
    Also I have yet to see but will find out soon from the tests i setup is what happens when arrival date is past, so I have an alert set for a Fri to Sat stay. What happens this Sat, will I still get the alert in the batch or will it self delete or disable itself?

3. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks for the helpful tool!

4. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to set an alert that spanned a month and it said my arrival date had to be before my departure.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It is on purpose. I figure that emails might get overlooked or otherwise missed so I keep reminding you until you tell me to stop. More data is better, right?
    Each time the process runs it disables any searches where check-in was "yesterday" so starting basd on midnight Central Time Saturday Morning the alert for a Friday check-in will no longer process.
    What specific dates were you using? I just tested and it works fine for me.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    viguera likes this.
  7. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alert worked well for Andaz 5th for this weekend, but I keep getting alert after alert. Is it supposed to cancel the notification once it triggers? I deleted them manually just now.

Unfortunately the Andaz King availability for points didn't translate to p&c availability and I need/want the stay credits, but if anybody wants an award room at Andaz 5th for this weekend, it's there now and a DSU was also available.

Thanks,
    David

TAHKUCT likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Nope. It will keep alerting you until you tell it to stop, just in case you missed an email.

viguera and LIH Prem like this.
  9. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Andaz Fifth is $275 and Andaz Wall is $203 on AAA rate this weekend. Do not see the need to burn points even on Points and Cash. I also have a feeling Andaz Wall rate will drop in price further tomorrow.

LIH Prem likes this.