Hyatt 2 Free Nights for new cc question

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by TravelBear, Jul 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know if the 2 free Hyatt nights from the cc offer have tier limits? I cannot seem to find this anywhere. I am headed to NYC in August and was hoping to use them <i have not received them yet>.

2. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's some of the fine print, hope that helps:

Suite Upgrade Awards are valid for use within one year from issuance and can be tracked through "My Promotional Awards" on goldpassport.com. Suite Upgrade Awards may only be used with paid nights, each for one stay of a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts where suite accommodations are available. Suite Upgrade Awards must be redeemed at time of reservation. Members must call 800.400.2261 or their nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center to redeem Suite Upgrade Award. Suite Upgrade Awards are not available at Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Park Hyatt Sydney and Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Summerfield Suites or Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts. Guest must pay an eligible rate as defined in Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions. For purposes of this award, a suite provides for one-bedroom accommodations. Suite Upgrade Award is not valid toward Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suites.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This doesn't seem to answer the OP's question at all, which was about the two free nights for having the credit card.

4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    The two free nights you get for opening the account you can use at any Hyatt. The annual free night certificate you will get starting 12 months from when you opened the account are capped at a Category 4 hotel. Enjoy NYC!

iolaire, skyvan and MX like this.
  5. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe there are 2 or 3 Hyatt locations you can not redeem the free night. As far as I know you may redeem and any Hyatt in NYC though! Call to book and you shouldn't have any problems.

iolaire likes this.
  6. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking of waiting to apply for the card once the new PH NYC opens. From what I've read & where it is, its going to be STELLAR.

http://www.luxist.com/2010/11/03/hyatt-announces-new-park-hyatt-hotel-in-new-york-city/
    http://www.gadling.com/2010/11/03/park-hyatt-to-open-in-new-york-city-2012/

7. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    How long after "first use" should the 2 nights be available? Will I see them posted on my account on their website?

iolaire likes this.
  8. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    About a month or two. Check after your first statement. They'll be in your GP account online.

iolaire likes this.
  9. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My nights posted within couple of days from the first purchase. No need to wait for the statement to close. Both my partner and I got the card and will be using those nights for the PH Sydney next year. As the annual fee was waived for the first year, it is one of the best deals ever.

iolaire likes this.
  10. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you know which ones? I used mine at the PH Paris Vendome and I figured if there were going to be any excluded that would be among them.

11. henrythefourth

henrythefourth Active Member

Status Points:
    Where on the Hyatt website does it show the category of a Hyatt hotel? I spent a half hour yesterday checking the search menu, checking individual hotel information pages.... Nothing. I'm considering this card, but I'd like to be able to know what cat 1-4 hotels are in my area.

Thanks,
    Hanrk

iolaire likes this.
  12. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 2 nights are good at any Hyatt. Only the renewal night is capped at cat 4.

13. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/awards/hyatt_free_night.jsp

Click on the 1 - 6 & then region

iolaire and TAHKUCT like this.
  14. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed. First two free nights with sign-up can be used at any Hyatt. Each year your annual free night is at a Cat 1-4.

mattsteg likes this.
  15. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    TAHKUCT likes this.
  16. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just an FYI I just used my two free nights to book the Andaz on 5th Ave. in NYC.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  17. beaktor

beaktor Silver Member

Status Points:
    It took mine about a week to show up at hyatt.com, at which time you can phone in to reserve your free nights.

I used my first night to book the Park Hyatt Sydney :)

18. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine was about a week as well. I did call a day or so ago and a rep said it should be "no more than 10 days" after first use....which was true in my case.

19. Phly4Phun

Phly4Phun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine posted to my GP account after checking out from hotel 4 days later

20. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    These two free nights show up under "My Awards," correct? Waiting for mine to post.

21. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

John777 likes this.
  22. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I used mine at the PH Milan without issue. I also paid for one night and applied a suite cert to that, and Hyatt and the hotel were kind enough to let me keep the suite for the 2 free nights as well.:D

In you Account page, you’ll also see the expiry dates for your 2 free nights, so you can plan accordingly.

IDGflygirl, TAHKUCT and edekba like this.
  23. John777

John777 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a data point, my free nights showed up in my account approximately a week after the first charge on the Hyatt CC.

24. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there a set of eligible rates that count for the suite benefits awards that come with the card for platinum, or is it just any rate from say the Hyatt site? For example discount or government rates? With the MP Platinum offer this card is looking much more interesting...

How about with code that include the language "This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions" such as 2k bonus points for weekend stays?

25. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used the upgrades coming with the Visa card on a Government rate without a problem (the visit did not occurred yet so we'll see if there will be a problem - but it was no problem applying the upgrade to the reservation).

From NYC and iolaire like this.