Hyatt’s Summer Flash Sale APAC

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Kalboz, Jul 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mark your calendar for this Saturday, when Hyatt Hotels and Resorts will have its annual Summer Flash Sale. From July 4 until July 7, rates at select Hyatt properties in Asia Pacific will be discounted by 10 to 40 percent for stays booked between July 11 and August 31 of this year. Participating hotels and resorts include old and new properties alike, the latter category including the Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay Resort, the Grand Hyatt Lijiang, and the Hyatt Regency Naha Okinawa.

For more information, visit Hyatt Hotels and Resorts.

http://www.destinasian.com/blog/news-briefs/hyatts-summer-flash-sale/

[​IMG]

flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  2. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  4. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    I found some other sources with the dates you listed. Same sale on connecting dates?

flyingdawg, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  5. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's with the overwhelming concentration on the Asia Pacific Region? I know these are money makers for some of these large travel companies but in some ways, enough is enough.

If you want to offer somebody a special travel deal. Try making it something they can get to easily without being on the Left coast or flying 18 hours out of Chicago or LA. For the round the world jet setters, sure but they are going to seek their long haul routes out either way. I'm not even saying Europe. I'm just commenting that enough is enough with the push towards the Asia Pacific.

6. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every promo doesn't have to revolve around US/Canadian-based travelers.

flyingdawg, uggboy, Thomask and 2 others like this.
  7. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the mechanics of what factors these promotions are based on, but I am sure that their marketing/sales departments decide based on making money, maintaining market presence, and keeping up with the competition. Also, as mentioned above, there are plenty of US based promos that were offered by Hyatt.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I see Hotel promotions, I am often thinking the exact opposite, why don't they have more in Asia and Europe where I normally travel? Like Marriott has one every week mainly in the America's. I am very happy for the Hyatt one just wished the booking window would be a little longer than 72 hours and HGP SNA could be applied.

9. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not saying it does. I'm saying all the ones that involve outrageous pricing "deals" seem to be in the Asia Pacific. Promos are totally cool but it's not my job to differentiate between your brand THERE and your brand HERE. And don't give me supply and demand. It's kind of a fake way of acting like as a corporation you offer outstanding "special" deals when in reality you hardly ever offer anything that someone who isn't planning on a connection in Tokyo could experience.

There's one thing repeat customers won't tolerate. Being insincere and disingenuous. ( something yes american and canadian suppliers are unfortunately known for).

Plus I've been there. To be honest you're much better off in many of these locations finding local sources for a lot of this stuff. Yes it's easy to trust a brand name you trust... the idea being a Big Mac in Siberia will be a Big Mac in Paris will be a Big Mac in San Antonio but in practice they're not and the more you learn of the local language and culture using the tools available to you.....

like what you say? Like the internet and it's ability to display domains everywhere.... and another great little tool especially if you have some basic language skills...... Goog Translate. You can often definitely find local suppliers who will give you the same product for less than a lot of these super "promos" that all too often only later translate to crappy redemption options at home.

10. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    For anyone who happens to stumble upon this thread.... and is interested in any Enchanted isle, Ireland, Japan, Guernsey, etc.

For me the problem with FT and not MP is it's dominated by the British and NYC dwellers and the bias that comes along with that.

All of that being said domestically Hyatt is my brand. If you're looking for an outstanding business or leisure stay within the US, you can do no better. I realize they operate in a difficult segment and have the most hotels which are connected to US based airports etc. They also of all the loyalty programs have what I consider in 2015 to be the best which actually tries to look out for the best interest of its members.

http://is.gd/KyKMMp

Oh and I haven't been to the new places in Mexico and Jamaica or the one that's finishing up in the Bahamas so perhaps it goes beyond the US? Don't know.

11. PaulOnion

PaulOnion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh and btw if you don't like your US and Canadian based "travelers", we have a very simple suggestion for you. Move your ENTIRE operation to the Philippines.

Not just your call centers. Because frankly there's a whole lot of people who have had their fill with the nonsense.

Not being rude but we don't exactly need you around either.