Huge duty free catalogue

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Aditya Vyas, Jul 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Traveling last week from
    Seoul to Fukuoka ( ~1hr flight) on Asiana how thick the duty free catalogue was. Has to be big source of revenue for asian airlines. Even ANA has shopping booklet for domestic flights in japan ( never seen anyone buy wonder if they make money?)

The question is whats the largest on board duty free catalogue?

Attached Files:

2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, the picture on the cover had me looking up the B&O headphones. Deal on right now for $99 US for ones from the World Cup Promo. If the sound is typical B&O then I might jump at them.

So the catalog may work.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Let us know about the deal and quality

Mapsmith likes this.
  4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually looking at the reviews for the type 2 (as pictured on the cover) the sound is better than Bose and priced at $99-149US. BUT. . . the construction is really bad. Most people say that the foam pads are scratchy and fall apart. If they made one with leather pads I would jump at it. The better quality ones are the larger and more expensive. Reviews of those equate them to sound booth quality headphones. Will have to do a little more research on the earbuds by B&O.

anileze likes this.
  5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update. Picked up a pair on ebay for $20. Better quality than most earbuds (I hate earbuds anyway). Construction seems to be good. Sound is very good. Will have to try them in a noisy environment. But good sounds usually drown out noise.

anileze likes this.
  6. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    You have the one that is the largest ! DL has stopped Duty-free sales. Duty Free is popular with East Asia {Japan/Korea} because their own manufactured goods are more expensive at home. One has to see the crowds at all luxury stores in Waikiki & Check seasonal loads on flights from Japan to Hawaii :)

Mapsmith likes this.