HTC Thunderbolt Video Converter-- Play MKV/VOB/AVI/RMVB/FLV movies on HTC Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by yao847zi, Apr 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. HTC Thunderbolt Video Converter is available now. It is able to convert any video files to HTC Thunderbolt supported video formats for playback with good quality.

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've used the IVCSoft video format converter.
    The interface takes a bit to get used to, but It handles all sorts of formats, so it might be another option. Here are the formats it handles:

Formats (Import):
    flv,mov,mpg,mpeg,vob,asf,divx,wmv,avi,mkv,mp4,3gp,ogm,ogg,qt,​
    rm,ram,rmvb,dat,mod,dpg,mts​

Formats (Export):
    AVI (DivX, Xvid, DV, Direct Stream Copy, Uncompressed, Mjpeg)MOV (Quicktime)WMV (Zune, Windows Media)MPG (Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, Mpeg VCD/SVCD/DVD)MP4 (H264, AppleTV, iPod, iPhone, IPAD, PSP)3GP (Mobile phone)​
    FLV (Streaming Flash)​
    SWF (Flash Animation)​

3. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm. Gargoyle - can you provide further details? Is IVCSoft entirely freeware? Are the dodec(s) employed of good quality? Is there any malware/crapware/etc associated with its use? Thanks in advance!

4. neuatomic
    Original Member

neuatomic Silver Member

Status Points:
    By "dodec" I actually mean "codec"!

5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've found them adequate enough, but I'm not a judge of video quality. Go to youtube, I have three that I converted there:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DeltaGargoyle?feature=mhum
    It's "donation ware". I've had it on my computer for 2 years and my anti-virus anti-malware apps have never spotted any malware, so I think it's pretty clean.

I also used it to convert a load of software training videos to run on my phone, so I could watch them on long haul flights, those worked out very nicely.

6. In order to play all kinds of video on HTC, we had better convert AVI to HTC more friendly MP4 format.
    Bigasoft MP4 Converter is just the right software to convert various video formats to MP4 video format like AVI to MP4, MKV to MP4, FLV to MP4, ASF to MP4, and MOV to MP4 and etc. Then it is just easy to play various videos on HTC with the help of Bigasoft MP4 Converter.

The following will describe a step by step guide on how to play AVI on various HTC mobiles phones or play AVI on HTC Tablet Flyer with the helps of bigasoft mp4 converter at AVI to HTC - How to Play AVI on HTC Desire/Evo/Hero?

7. I used so easy program for converting different files Melodycan . It's program can help you with convert most music, video formats. MelodyCan.com

8. Thanks for sharing.
    But currently I'm using Samsung not HTC.
    I alway love to share videos on blog, so I often use a video converter to transform video to flash videos.

9. I recommend you all to use iSkysoft video converter, it has brilliant output video quality.

10. pspeaker

pspeaker New Member

Status Points:
    HTC Thunderbolt reads mp4 format, so you can converting all your media files to this format.
    I think AppGeeker Video Converter does it well.
    I've convereted a few files from there.

11. abigailcandance

abigailcandance New Member

Status Points:
    It's actually really easy to Play MKV/VOB/AVI/RMVB/FLV movies on HTC Thunderbolt.

-Plug in phone.
    -When you plug in the phone, a menu (on the phone) will be displayed. One of the options is "Mass Media" (or "Disk Drive"). Select it.
    -This will add a new drive to your computer. Open the drive up (from My Computer or Explorer) and copy/paste videos in the new drive. Of course, it's nice to keep things organized so you should make a new folder named "Movies" or something in this new drive, and then copy the video files on there. If you want to, you can rename the videos to whatever you like after pasting them.

Note, the stock player on the Thunderbolt can only play the following:
    -WBMP MPEG4 / H.263 / H.264 / WMV9

You can either convert to these formats or find a video player that will suit your needs in the Market.

12. availablespace

availablespace New Member

Status Points:
    After tried many of the HTC Converters, i find iDealshare VideoGo is the best one, it can convert any videos like MKV, VOB, AVI, RMVB, FLV, MPG, MOV, DV, OGV, AVHCD, 3GP,