HTC Thunderbolt out 3/17. $249 w 2 yr contract. VZW

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by chanp, Mar 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was looking at this phone but was wondering if it is just too underpowered for a new phone. Isn't the snapdragon chip old these days? Would it be better to wait for a few more months for the other LTE phones to come out? I believe the Moto phone will have a dual core chip - thoughts anyone?

3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to look at it, but I doubt I'll be buying it. The processor is one reason, but if there indeed is an iPhone5 not far around the corner, I can wait a few more months to turf my Storm2.

Also, this phone, as I understand, was push back a couple of times, by a matter of weeks. Doesn't sound good to me. But eager to at least look at this phone.

The more I think about Android versus iPhone, the more I think what I want and need is with the iPhone. But I still need to do more searching on the intertubes before making a final decision (but if anyone knows of a website that does a good job in pointing out the pros and cons of Android and iOS, I would be very interested).

4. Justin Johnson
    Original Member

Justin Johnson Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
  6. Justin Johnson
    Original Member

Justin Johnson Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was not as hard as the G2 to root, it took Scootty2 and the guys more then a month to permaroot the G2.
    In fact the guys/gals that hacked the Thunderbolt used scootty2's hack for the G2 to hack the Thunderbolt.

7. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel your pain.:(
    My Storm1 sucks! I've been waiting and waiting because I don't want another crappy phone. Albeit that leaves with the crappy phone while I wait.

8. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Saw it at VZW yesterday. Nice device. A bit wider than my old Droid X. In a few months, we will get 4g in our area, may consider it.

9. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reading reviews, many people have returned them because the battery life is soooo bad.

10. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are there any android devices out there with good battery life?

11. bakedpatato
    Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

Status Points:
    The not yet out T-Mobile G2x is rumored to be a battery life champion! Then again, T-Mobile is under the specter of being bought out by AT&T. However, rumors are that its a quadband 3G device(meaning it'll do AT&T 3G and T-Mobile 4G). We'll see.

12. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Look forward to reading some reports. I now have an extra battery and external charger.