HR Maui: Timeshare Presentation Offer

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jan 22, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received an offer in the mail for a $200/night rebate - up to five nights - for a stay at the HR Maui. They promise rates "as low as $279 a night" (minus the $200 then, to be paid with a gift card).

The requirement is to attend a 90 min timeshare presentation at the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Club Resort.

Has anyone tried this offer? I have zero interest in a timeshare; how painful of an experience is the 90 min presentation? (I have never bothered with those discounted activity offers they push all over Hawaii, but this is up to $1000). Also, I wonder how much above the best AAA rate the room rate offered under this program would be.

Thoughts?

2. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have not done timeshare presentations in Hawaii, but did in NYC. That 90 minutes is usually more like 3 hours. After the initial presentation, they went one-on-one for a little more high-pressure. When the answer is still no, they send in a "manager" to sweeten the pot..... think car buying. My experiences were with Hilton, so don't know how they differ.