HR Jeju

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by DHahn, Jul 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DHahn
    Original Member

DHahn Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I had 3 night stay at the resort earlier this month. Despite short comings (as being an old property), it was nice stay. Our kids thumbed down the pool facilities but they are captivated by the resident Mandarin ducks and koi fish. My kids have different standards. :D

Looks like the resort doesn't get too many Diamond members as I received special attention. The staffs were very nice and friendly. One of the short coming was size of indoor pool which is on small side as a resort. The outdoor pool is more sizable but it's just plain, i.e. no water slide. I guess being an old property, pools wasn't too emphasized when it was built. RC was good with decent food offerings but still better than most of US HRs. We didn't use the spa so can't comment. We had a BBQ buffet at Terrace Cafe. While food was good but wasn't good value for the money (I guess you can say that about just about most of resort restaurants). There are other resorts (Lotte and Shilla) that offer higher amenities and facilities but their rates are substantially higher though. Considering the rate I paid ( 175500 KRW for the first night (Sun) and 121500 KRW for rest of nights), I'm satisfied with my stay.
    For more pictures - https://picasaweb.google.com/dshahn96/HRJeju?authuser=0&feat=directlink
    P.S. In Jeju, hotels charge hefty premiums for Fri-Sun nights.

cennas, FriendlySkies and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed a great property, maybe not so new and overly lavish as Shilla or Lotte up the road, but it is superior with it's Atrium, views over the sea and the RC Club Lounge. This hotel seems also more affordable as the others by far. We had 5 nights this year [2011] in April and enjoyed our stay very much. Btw. My better half enjoyed a Spa treatment and she tells me it was wonderful all the way and very relaxing too.:)

Thanks for your great review and photos!:)

cennas likes this.
  3. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting! I've got a trip to Jeju in December, and was unaware that they had a Hyatt presence... :)