HR Amsterdam review

Discussion in 'Hyatt | World of Hyatt' started by OCP, Jul 15, 2017.  |  Print Topic

1. OCP
    Original Member

OCP Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here shortly after opening in May. For those with a car, it's a bit pf a pain to check in since you pretty much have to park in front of the hotel on the street if you have bags, otherwise, you can park behind the hotel temporarily to check in. Valet parking was efficient and was free as a globalist. I suspect that most people don't have a car so this would not be an issue.

I had booked an award room for 2 adults and a child and was given View King room with rollaway bed. I booked before the hotel opened and I noticed that they no longer allow 3 people in a room on awards.

The executive lounge opened the week I arrived. Although the food was of good quality, there were no hot items. Desserts were very good. I did not ask about breakfast in the restaurant. There was wine and Heinekin but no alcohol. I did mention on checkout that most other Hyatt's have at least one hot item and the clerk said she'd pass this feedback along to management. I'm not sure if it will make a difference.

There was no bottled water in the lounge to take back to the room but there was plenty in the gym.

Overall, my stay was OK but I suspect there are better choices in AMS and I would not stay here again. Although the lounge was very new and nice, there was no comparison the the food/drink offerings of Cologne or even DUS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks OCP for your review/images, very appreciated.

Cheers & Safe Travels. :)