HP OfficeJet 100 Mobile Printer

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by misman, Apr 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    For any in the market for a mobile printer, Costco currently has this one on sale for $189.99 (http://www.costco.com/.product.11756142.html?&EMID=B2C_2014_0414_938_Everton).

I was struggling between the choice of this one and one of the Canon's, but I'll give this one a try at the price (and the awesome Costco return policy.)

gregm, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting, misman! And absolutely - Costco's return policy is simply amazing - I've wondered how much longer they can continue to be profitable with a "no questions asked" return policy.

gregm likes this.
  3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    They've changed their policy more than once over the past few years, so I think they got to the sweet spot that is profitable yet alluring to their customers.

gregm and Newscience like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    The reason for my statement is that people bring back items to Costco:
    - after they have used them, sometimes for a very long time
    - without any receipts

Costco now will look up your purchases, using your membership #, to see if you have actually purchased the item that you are returning. But that takes time, and accounts for the at-times long waits at the Costco service desk. At least, that's the story I was told the last time I returned something to Costco (with receipt in hand!).

gregm likes this.
  5. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    These changes, as far as I know, have been at work for a very long time. Their biggest money losers were electronics (especially laptops) and in a different way, diamond jewelry (for cashback). So they cut down drastically on return window for electronics and how the return is paid out for jewelry. They will still take lots of other stuff back much later on, hence their luggage being a good deal.

Newscience likes this.