HOWTO: Backup your locally-stored AwardWallet passwords

Discussion in 'AwardWallet' started by unavaca, Jun 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I save my awardwallet.com passwords locally, but I rue the day I have to re-enter all of those passwords.

You can backup your locally-saved passwords by going to your account listing page on AwardWallet.com and pasting this URL into the address bar:
    Code:
    javascript:var a = document.cookie.split(';'); var c=0; for(var i in a) { var b = a[i].split('='); if(b[0].replace(/^\s+|\s+$/g, '') == "AP") {document.writeln(escape(a[i].substr(4))); c=1;}} if(!c) alert("No saved passwords in this browser.")
    You should get back a single line of text that begins with the letter "a". This is a list of your accounts with their encoded passwords. Save this line.

If you ever want to restore your passwords to AwardWallet, login to get to your list of accounts and paste the following line into your address bar. Replace the word PASSWORD_LINE with the blob of text you saved above.

Code:
    javascript:document.cookie="AP=PASSWORD_LINE; path=/account/; expires=Sun, 23-Aug-2037 4:42:42 GMT; secure"
    You should now be able to update your accounts using your locally-saved passwords.

Paolo Scuri, flamingo and druiddation like this.
  2. flamingo

flamingo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I tried & got the "error on page":( message -- when I place the code in the URL address line. Any help?

3. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Which code? The first one or the second one? Are you sure you copied the whole line? Which browser are you using?

4. flamingo

flamingo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 1st code line & I copy the whole code line into the IE address line....

5. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you tell me what version of IE you're using? You can find it in Help -> About.

Also, give the first line another try; I've updated it to notify you if it couldn't find any saved passwords on your machine (as opposed to an error). I've tested this out the new code on the latest Chrome and IE8 and it appears to work ok.