How's the food in DEN, LAX lounges?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Maximizer, Apr 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have some lounge passes burning a hole in my wallet, but only have 1-hour connections coming up (SFO-DEN-ABQ-LAX-SFO). What kind of food and alcohol do they have in the lounges? I don't expect to have any other use for the passes before they expire.

I'd certainly use them on a longer connection, but in this case it'll be in and out... should I just give them away or trade instead?

Thanks!

mht_flyer and perryplatypus like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reasonably mid-quality well drinks and snack mix. Nothing at all resembling real food.

3. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Domestic UC lounges seem to have been completely homogenized, so it really does not matter which one you goto. You can mostly count on having the following:

Mornings: mini muffins, toast, bagels (plain and raisin/cinnamon), yogurt, three types of cereals, and fruit (apple, oranges, bananas).

Rest of the day: Walker shortbread cookies, cheese and crackers, bagged carrots and ranch sauce, trail mix, yogurt covered raisins, pretzel mix and some fruit (oranges and apples).

4. Maximizer

Maximizer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Sounds like I'm having a bagel for breakfast in SFO :)

What about the "top-rated wines from legendary Napa vineyards"? What do they actually serve? Priced the same as restaurants, or better?

mht_flyer and redwoman like this.
  5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Breakfast is way way better than what is offered the rest of the day... I quite like the granola cereal. :)

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The top rated wines really are, and the price per glass is completely reasonable for what you're getting. But you pay for it, in the $12-20/glass range IIRC.

sdm1130 likes this.
  7. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you confirm/deny the $3 PPlus discount is coming back for the premium booze? I heard from a good source that it was...

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have no idea.

9. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have priority pass - The alaska LAX lounge in T6 does have some food (had a salad and a cup of soup there). No bar yet... they're still waiting for their liquor license.

10. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to echo this, the per-glass price at the UC on these bottles is at par with or less than what I can buy the bottles for at retail locally. So compared to typical restaurant/bar practices it really is an amazing deal.

ssullivan likes this.
  11. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't AS now require a departing BP on an AS flight for Priority Pass access? Or is that only in ANC?

12. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had no issues at LAX - even showing a United boarding pass with a priority pass card. Used it yesterday, so pretty recent.

Domestically - AS is one of the few remaining benefits of priority pass (especially the "select" versions that excludes the participating United Clubs. SJU Admiral's club and the IAD BA Galleries in the morning are some of the gems. The LAS contract lounge in T2 is being closed soon - but i really enjoyed my last visit there. They watched the boarding process for the flight and pointed me to a special exit that opened up in front of the gate area.

13. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Eventually, I'll use that benefit of my Surpass card.

14. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Food? There's food? Where is there food?

15. Tom
    Original Member

Tom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I just visited the LAX lounge using priority pass an hour ago. Happy to see it once, not worth the trek if gate is in the 70s