How's p.s. C and F Now?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Explore, Sep 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    How's the service and dinner meal these days? What enhanced food and beverage service is offered in F? Do F pax have access to the IFL at SFO (International Terminal)? They do get GS security, right?

Thanks.....

2. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not much difference, PS F gets pre-arrival plated snack on breakfast flights or the snack basket on lunch/dinner flights vs only baked cookies for C. Yes, PS F gets you into the IFL in SFO.

There is no thing as "GS Security" unless it is something I am not aware of, but yes you will be able to access priority security lanes.

3. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm referring to the Global Services only security lane at SFO (also accessible to international F).

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I've noticed it since they re-branded SFO. I'll try to pay attention next time I go through.

LAX also has a special GS/International First/p.s. First line and I know they still have it, since LAX is yet to be re-branded.

5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes they do for check in, but I think the security line is split three-way between General line, 1P/2P/Star Gold, and F/C/GS/1Ks...

However, if SFO does have a dedicated lane for GS and F only then, yes you will be able to access it...

6. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX lumps 1K with the rest of the Premiums. Once past the ID check though everyone dumps into the same set of machines.

7. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    LAX has started the rebranding process and the new signs for the security lines for the Premium lobby now include 1Ks with the GS/United International First/p.s. First.

Now hoping that SFO (and other airports) adopt the same policy.

8. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does PS C get cookies with breakfast?

9. SFOtoORD

SFOtoORD Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're walking from the premium check-in lines to security there is a first security line that GS/Intl F only. After ID check, it allows bypass of most of the rest of the security line to the one security lane that is around the corner.

10. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Since the OP asked about food... I just got off a p.s. flight in C earlier this week.

Appetizer is the horrific spring roll (you know, dry and broken on top and hard as a rock on the bottom). Main course is the standard short rib, a tasty baked salmon dish (no cream sauce!), and some kind of pasta. The salmon is as good as the Indian-style chicken dish they had a few months back. Served with lots of veggies and fingerling potatoes.

11. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Right. But unlike LAX, 1Ks don't get access to the Ultra-Premier Security line. The SFO one is only for GS/International 1K.

12. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    but I believe the poster might have meant that with p.s.First boarding pass, it allows access to the Ultra-Premier Security line at SFO, no?

And when did 1K's get access to the GS line at LAX? Last time I was there as 1K, it was everyone all in the one, except for GS and International F, or p.s. first

13. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right, OP was asking about p.s. First. However the information provided by the earlier poster didn't shed any light, as it merely said there is an International First/GS line.

Ever since they did the rebranding at LAX. But the lines are useless, since once you get to the ID check, the TSA agents screeners go round robin instead of always making sure they empty out the higher priority line.

14. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    How much better are the seats in F vs C? I am thinking of using mileage and was wondering if the extra 12K is worth it .

15. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    The F seats do not compare favorably to the International F (old or new) or even the new C seats and I've found them to be pretty rickety. In my opinion I don't think they are worth the extra 12K miles.

16. Tivoboy
    Original Member

Tivoboy Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    personally, I would just stick with the C. I actually prefer the C cabin to the normal F p.s. cabin. It has more light and yet it is a typical non-lie flat C seat with lots of room to move around, entry exit and the service/food is just and fine as in the forward cabin. IFE is the same.

17. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. I will not bother spending the miles for 'F'.

18. Tom
    Original Member

Tom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unless you're sentimental about these sorts of things, in which case it might be worth doing once before the F goes bye-bye.

19. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if elimination of the P.S. F-class will also mean elimination of access to the IFL; I'm assuming that BF customers won't be permitted access to the IFL?

20. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Another reason not to go p.s. F is that you may be stuck with non-rev employees in the near vicinity. Yes, this cabin can be Employee Class, since it's so hard for them to get upgrades on 2-cabin aircraft with UDUs (CPUs) in effect.

21. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's wrong with non-rev employees? (disclaimer - I am not an employee of any airline).

22. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The service is usually significantly diluted when the F cabin is filled mostly with non revs.

Explore and genemk2 like this.
  23. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. That seems logical.

24. meFIRST

meFIRST Silver Member

Status Points:
    No difference in the catering, at all. IFL lounge access. That's it