How you start your ff morning?

Discussion in 'Off Topic/Social' started by 2soonold, Aug 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the beginning, it was just me and the coffee and the newbie confusion of Flyertalk. Then I discovered Frugal Travel Guy. Learned about the blogs. And finally there was Milepoint/beta.
    I really wanted to love Milepoint best. For the first couple of months, it was just me and the coffee and Milepoint, everyday. I knew from the start that I might have a little trouble as this was suppose to be a more social place, and I am somewhat of a less social person. But, I tried to participate in the games ( Throw an egg at your neighbor, and post a picture here! ). Eventually, I just got bored.
    Now, it's back to me and the coffee and Frugal Travel Guy. Then I check the blogs; then Flyertalk. Milepoint is the "sweet place"; but it's also the last place, if I even get to it.
    Today, I got the 6month status points. It was interesting to me to realize that I had not participated enough to earn any status points since I had received the 3months points.
    Wonder what the next six months will bring?

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You do realize you can have your morning cuppa coffee right here on milepoint, before you go to Frugal Travel Guy. He won't mind, since the coffee is free.

;)

3. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    I made this post after realizing just how very little I was participating over the last 3 months as opposed to the first 3 months. It's not like Milepoint is not a nice place to be; but sometimes the focus seems to be on website doodads, as if Milepoint can just get cool enough it will suddenly break through to that great untapped number of frequent flyers who so far are manageing without participation in ff websites and blogs.
    As I think back, what I remember keeping me coming back to Milepoint on a daily basis were the AAdvantage 30day promotion, and the Do promotion which moved the thread around every day.

uggboy, Mr. Silver Springer and deant like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Boarding Area (for bona fide ff news), MP (for some news, some chatter) and the Journal (for actual news) on my iPad on the train.

5. Silver Springer

Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Blogs bookmarked on my ipad--Mommypoints, One Mile at a Time, ThePointsGuy, MillionMilesSecret, Frugal Travel Guy and View from the Wing. This doesn't take long as there is much similar information. I also read USA today with breakfast

6. Mr. Silver Springer

Mr. Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ask Silver Springer what is going on with travel.:D

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  7. Silver Springer

Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Of course!

8. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    from the sounds of things, I don't read enough blogs. Not sure if I'm sad or glad, I think the latter.

My FF morning starts with a dog walk & thoughts about where to travel to next or things I need to do in order to max a promo.

Then FT, MP, blog links that folks send me & email chatter amongst our local travel gang here in Chicago as to what's going on & how we all utilize our points/miles. Two of us are making a roadtrip to Minneapolis this weekend for the Park Plaza promo.

uggboy likes this.
  9. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My morning starts with TPG daily email blast and ends when someone pries head away from my computer exploring Milepoint and re-reading thousands of tweets.

10. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assuming I want to go somewhere, I check fares. MP usually gets no love
    until after noon. FT when I need specific information that only a high-traffic
    site could provide or twice a week if no. No blogs, but if I hear there's
    something interesting on Boarding Area I might take a peek.