How To Value Elite Qualifying Miles Earned Through Credit Card Spend?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    The value of miles is highly subjective. For programs with revenue based redemptions there are generally agreed upon values (given that each point can be redeemed for X cents towards the cost of a ticket), but otherwise it gets trickier. That's because the value of points really depends on what your redemption patterns are. Nonetheless I'd like to think we're all at least in a similar range. That's to say that I think most of us value redeemable miles an average of anywhere between 1.0 and 2.5 cents each. That's a big range, but at least most people will be somewhere in there. What gets a bit trickier, in my opinion, is valuing elite qualifying miles. As a reminder, redeemable miles can be redeemed towards award tickets, while elite qualifying miles are those which count towards status, and they typically reset each calendar year. The post How To Value Elite Qualifying Miles Earned Through Credit Card Spend? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...