How to use Delta Voucher

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jpruzins, Jun 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jpruzins
    Original Member

jpruzins Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received a Delta voucher for volunteering to give up my seat last Sep. The voucher has a 1 year expiration. Does that mean I need to book a flight with it by Sep 2011 (where travel dates could extend beyond Sep 2011) or does it mean I need to book& complete a flight that occurs prior to Sep 11? r
    I had intended to use the voucher this May to go to Italy, but flight prices were way too. I'm hoping to use the voucher in November instead, just want to make sure it's still good.

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    It should have the expiration date specifically written on it, but yeah if you received it in September 2010 you need to use it by September (whatever day) 2011. The flights could be at any time, even beyond September.

Keep in mind if you get "change" from the voucher (because your flight costs less than the amount), you'll get another voucher for the difference. You just need to click on the link at the bottom of the booking page that says "View or Redeem a Certificate" and follow the instructions. The voucher amount will be automatically deducted from the total.

http://www.delta.com/edocviewer/redeem_cert/index.jsp

Also keep in mind that even if your total is $0 or you get "change" in return, you still need to enter your CC info. This is normal and you won't be charged.