How to spend $400 (buy IHG Ambassador + InterContinental OR 1 night at Ritz-Carlton)

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by OceanTrotter3, May 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi guys,

I'm currently planning a trip to Singapore. I'm currently trying to choose how to spend $400ish:
    • $400/night at Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore
    • $200 to buy IHG Ambassador + $200ish at InterContinental Singapore (with a chance to upgrade)
    Which would you choose? Thanks!

2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have any other trips planned for the rest of the year to make use of the IHG Ambassador? If you do, then that would be my pick.

Which hotel points do you normally collect? That would be another factor to consider, because it may make more sense to bank more points into the program that you want to focus on.

If you do not stay at hotels often, then IHG may make more sense because their points never expire.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. markcwj

markcwj Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you're planning to stay only one night in the Ritz Carlton, you may consider booking through a Virtuoso agent for extra perks.

If you plan to returning to Singapore often and you would like to stay at the Ritz Carlton every time, you may consider getting a Ritz Carlton Pleasures membership for SGD$888 I believe (http://corporate.ritzcarlton.com/en/Press/Properties/Singapore/Releases/pleasures.htm)

Otherwise, the IHG Ambassador sounds like a pretty good bet to me if you stay at ICs often.

There's a bunch of other Singapore Hotels that you can look at. My personal favourite is the Pan Pacific Singapore's Harbor Studio. If you like, you can check out a range of staycations (mostly in Singapore) that I have done and hopefully the trip reports help you (http://www.theshutterwhale.com/?tag=Staycation).

Let me know if you need any further recommendations :)

pointshogger likes this.
  4. OceanTrotter3

OceanTrotter3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Singapore seems to be shooting down a ton of outgoing links. The internet feels more restricted than those in China.