How to reset NGBC seat.

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by chanp, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never seen this happen on a flight before, but there is a cover that comes off on the seat, it's where your right elbow would approx be. Pic below:

[​IMG]

Then will expose 2 buttons, a red and silver one. Pull the red one, it resets the seat. Pic below.

[​IMG]

This was on my flight back from LHR this past week. I've had FA's bring out manuals, screwdrivers, take me seat apart, etc..., but this was by far the quickest and easiest fix. The purser and my FA did not know, but one of the FA's did. Not sure AA or the FA's want you doing this yourself, but hey..try it if you dont get attn fast :)

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I saw this on a flight from DEL-ORD. A young man across the aisle from men dropped his iPod into the seat and it ended up not working. After the retrieved the iPod and fooled around with it a bit, they popped it open and reset it.

3. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had many other things done to fix my seat, but never this. Though I'd post up, maybe will help some??