How to Prolong Wife's Gold Status?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Explore, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately HH no longer permits points to be transferred free between spousal accounts. And I don't want to pay a transfer fee so her points can migrate over to my Diamond (soon Gold) account.

So if we want to have her continue, or be reinstated as a Gold after her 3/31/12 tier expiration and take advantage of the various Gold trial offers out there, is it necessary to wait until her Gold membership expires? If so, how long after that expiration can we take advantage?

Thanks.....

uggboy likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    So she's not close to earning status (did she ever or was it comped?) but you want HH to grant her that status to enable you to more easily spend the points in her account and get benefits while doing so? It's hard to see a business advantage to Hilton for granting her the status in these circumstances. Don't forget that the purpose of frequent traveler programs is to increase profits, not just to give stuff away.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    There was an offer not long ago that allowed you to use the first few digits of an Asian CC (publicly available) to get free gold status for a year. Gleff posted about it on his blog. I'm not sure if it's still active.

uggboy likes this.
  4. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can always get the fee based Amex card which will give you Gold for the first year. Otherwise do the MVP challenge.

Scottrick likes this.
  5. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Explore and Scottrick like this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I assume that her points would be used for stays where you are also with her. Is that correct? If it is, just have her make the reservation in your name and then attach your Gold HHonors number to it.

Explore likes this.
  7. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks....didn't know this was possible!