How to PM Members?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Explore, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't see a way to private message other members, and have the system record that message. "Starting a conversation" doesn't seem to get anywhere if the other member doesn't respond immediately. Plus, there is no record of a one-way conversation when I log back in. Help!

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Conversations on MP are the enhanced equivalent of PMs on FT, but they can include more than one other person, the number depending somewhat on your MP status level. You need to start a conversation by clicking on the word "inbox" next to "alerts" in the UPPER right corner and then clicking on "start a conversation" or by clicking on the person's avatar or username and then clicking on "conversation" in the pop up box for them. Every time there's a new response to one of your conversations, you will get a red banner above "inbox" just to the left of the red flag showing the number of your current "alerts." I have all of my conversations available to review, even going back to MP's beta phase, when I click on the word "inbox" and then on "show all."

Using the LOWER right "who's online" thing is what only works if the person is currently logged in to MP. It's a very different temporary chat two-way function that disappears after you leave (log out of MP). I think this also requires following.

lin821, Explore and Tim like this.
  3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for helping out there MSPeconomist.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Explore likes this.
  5. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great....thanks Randy and MSP Economist for the tips!