How to order beverages for my room?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by martinfoss, Jan 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. martinfoss
    Original Member

martinfoss Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to order some beverages for my room for an upcoming stay, and this is how it looks like.

Do I get one of each if I select one, or do I get a random one? What if I want two bottles of beer? :confused:

[​IMG]

nime01 and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Having never ordered from the "advance" menu, I suspect that you would either get a random bottle / can or else be asked at checkin what you would want. It would not be "one of each". Unless you really want the beverage in your room upon arrival, I would just wait until I checked in and then order from room service. That way you would get what you really want.

nime01 and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can probably contact the hotel as well and have it noted on the reservation. Hopefully, the FD staff will read through the reservations before check-ins and make sure the beers you requested are in your room. :)

nime01 and deant like this.
  4. effseeoh

effseeoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    My god, I'd be pretty annoyed if I wanted a Sam Adams and got a Miller Lite!

I'd stick with the guiness :)

Handleman20 likes this.
  5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate to be jaded, but some of these silly Internet "pre" applications drive me nuts, particularly those like this that stupidly lump Sam Adams in with Miller Lite. It's almost like some vice president told his troops "we've got to get more creative on the Internet and if you want a bonus this year, you will."

Is room service so slow that the old-fashioned way won't work? Like telling the clerk at check-in "it would be keen if you could send us up a couple Sam Adams Winter Lagers and charge 'em to the room." And might not the beers be colder that way, to boot?

Getting off soap box now. For a few minutes.

deant likes this.
  6. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Also, who would want a beer delivered to the room before arrival? I know in England they like their beer warm - but I don't.

7. effseeoh

effseeoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surely it's delivered to the mini-bar?