How To Maximize MQMs On Delta

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 21, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader Pablo asked and/or humblebragged the following over in the "Ask Lucky" forum: "I've been a Delta Diamond Medallion since that level was introduced. Traveling solely internationally out of TPA, I average around 150K+ MQM per year - so hitting the required limits for Diamond every year is not hard. Besides getting the AMEX Delta cards to get additional MQMs, are there any other ways to maximize the amount of MQMs I get for each flight (TPA - LON, TPA - AMS, TPA - SIN, TPA-DXB), or just any other ways to get MQMs? Lifetime MQM at this point is around 2.5M." Now in Pablo's particular case, I'm not sure why he's looking for ways to get more MQMs, since he has acknowledged it isn't hard for him to accrue 150,000 MQMs or more in any given year. Of course, with Delta, there is some real value in overshooting your MQMs beyond any given threshold, since those MQMs will "roll over" into your following year's account. So if you ended 2015 with 123,000 MQMs, for instance, you'd be Platinum Medallion (2,000 MQMs short of Diamond), but on the flip side, in January of 2016 you'd have a huge head start with 48,000 MQMs already in your account. The post How To Maximize MQMs On Delta appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...