How to make the Avis Preferred just a little bit better

Discussion in 'Avis | First/Preferred' started by DonV.Smith, Mar 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have a lot of complaints about Avis, in fact I usually do quite well with them.
    Great corporate rates, etc. And I am renting enough right now to see the periodic upgrades, etc.

What I'd like to see change ties back to Rental Reward Days (or other mechanisms of earning a free rental).

In particularly, I was looking to rent a minivan on a family trip and called reservations for assistance. My intent / interest was to use multiple 'free' days to cover the rental for a weeks time. Unfortunately, I found that only one reward day redemption can be used per rental. So much for that idea!
    • Yes, I thought about setting up a series of rentals to cover the trip, but that would be pretty inconvenient to follow-through on while on vacation!

The change I'm interested in: Migrate the Rental programs to be more in line with hotel and airline programs... So you can use your rewards in any way you like - with some room for blackout periods, etc.
    • I'm not a fan of blackout periods, reduced availability, etc... But would see a concession like this helping to transform the current model.
    Alternately, I'd be interested in using Rental Reward Days to upgrade the class of vehicle for a rental period...

As is, I have a stack of rentals available and no reasonable way to use them - as it fits my current needs.

What else haven't I considered?

2. With regards to the South African Telesales Loyalty Programme, a customer may use multiple “Reward Certificates” on one Rental Agreement.

For example if a Customer has a booking for five days and he/she has five “Reward Certificates” all five may be used

3. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty interesting, I'm curious on the program model differences between (all) countries now [​IMG]
    - Thanks