How To Justify A Credit Card With An Annual Fee?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 10, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    On Saturday I wrote a post about simplifying my parents' credit card strategy. I realized that I had overcomplicated my parents' credit card strategy to the point that they were using the wrong credit cards altogether. And that's totally my fault, since I realized my focus should have been on giving them a simple strategy they can follow easily, rather than trying to maximize the return on every dollar they spend. As I explained, I convinced them to take this approach: -- Use the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card for all dining and travel purchases including parking, as they’ll earn 2x points. -- Use the Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card for everything else. They’ll earn 3x points at US supermarkets (on up to $6,000 of spend per year), 2x points at US gas stations, and 1x point per dollar spent on everything else. They’ll also get a 50% bonus when they make at least 30 purchases per billing cycle (which they’ll do), meaning in reality they’ll be earning: The post How To Justify A Credit Card With An Annual Fee? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...