HOW TO HANDLE AUTHORIZED USER PAYMENT

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by longroller, Nov 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. longroller

longroller Active Member

Status Points:
    I have just recently added an authorized user to my PRG card, the first month I paid the whole statement and they gave me a check as reimbursement. Now if they log in and pay for their charges for last month this should leave the amount owed by me, correct?

Also does this create a problem making two payments or is everything ok as long as I pay off the rest by due date?

Just want to make sure i don't end up with missed or late payment. Since their charges showed up on my statement was not sure how to work it.

2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Submitting multiple payments creates absolutely no problems. I've even read a claim that if you divide your total monthly payments into several increments, it may trick your credit score higher over time. But I rather doubt it.

malikguy likes this.
  3. longroller

longroller Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I have made multiple payments myself but never with an authorized user also making payments was just wondering how it works.

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Key is that YOU are still responsible for the on time payment. If the authorized user does not make the payment, you will get stuck with the late fees - and the hit to your credit score.

If you are concerned about them making the on time payment, why not have them get their own card under their SS number?

malikguy and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    What multiple payments do is keep your average unpaid balance that much lower, so the portion of your line of credit that you're using is lower ad nauseum.

DTWBOB

MX and malikguy like this.