How to Guarantee UA Award Ticket in First/Business on *A partners

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by martyfly, Aug 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. martyfly

martyfly Active Member

Status Points:
    Looking to book a couple of award tixs to Europe for next year in business/First and have a hopefully easy question regarding availability of business or first class on *A partner flights (specifically on LH in this case)

I have a outbound flight that includes a segment on LH in business class, but won't allow assigning of seats for that segment on LH at time of ticketing on the UA website.

Since I've read through a few horror stories of UA codeshares not going thru to the partner airline (such as the current Swiss Air thread) and just came back from a trip where a woman had a first class UA award ticket with a segment on AC that AC stuck her in E instead, I'm wondering about best way to ensure that the business class seats go thru on LH as well.

Tried calling Mileage Plus and have been sitting on hold for past 20 mins, so hope the group has quicker advice.

Thanks!

2. CDKing
    Original Member

CDKing Gold Member

Status Points:
    id say call LH directly to make sure it ticketed the segment correctly. You have to contact the partner directly for seat assignments.

Ygor likes this.
  3. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    The LH confirmation number should also be viewable on your UA reservations page. It's a drop-down link. Using that number, you "should" be able to log into LH and select your seats if they are like every other partner I have used. I have not yet used LH, but will be soon, so I hope that works. Good luck!

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    And the Lufthansa website will also display the United ticket number, and if it does that means the ticket was pushed through..

chrislacey likes this.
  5. nova

nova Silver Member

Status Points:
    Holy smokes. Wish I had known that before our recent trip to Europe. Learn something new every day...

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. cptnkirk77
    Original Member

cptnkirk77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not completely related to this thread, but it appears phantom award availability is still a problem on United's website for Lufthansa flights. Is anyone else having this same problem?

7. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep but even I snagged the A388 FRA-NRT and that was phantom availability, I had to call it in though.

8. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was able to pull up my confirmation on Lufthansa. It still shows a 005 ticket number, but my ticket was recently reissued and now has a 016 number. Still shows 005 on LH website. Ugh. Time to call.

9. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    New ticket #s don't always show up on the LH site (though they sometimes do). I'd call Lufthansa and ask them to verify the ticket # they see (rather than calling UA who will be clueless)

Wandering Aramean likes this.