how to get to Belize using Avios?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by edelish2011, Sep 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. edelish2011

edelish2011 Member

Status Points:
    I tried calculating on British Airways website and selected the partners availability, but coming up with nothing. I'm trying to go in Dec/Jan.

How do I calculate each "leg"? How do I find out what routes to take?

2. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like AA has a lot of award space from Miami in January. If you fly from Miami it is only 765 miles which is 7,500 avios each way in economy.

guberif and viguera like this.
  3. marvonyc

marvonyc Member

Status Points:
    Hello, noob here also. Do you have to call BA to get those seats? In my experience not many partner seats show on the BA site.

ducster likes this.
  4. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP, marvonyc! You should be able to find availability on the BA site; I saw seats in December on AA metal.

To calculate Avios, this is a great tool: http://www.wandr.me/Avios-Calculator.aspx

iolaire likes this.
  5. exsea

exsea Active Member

Status Points:
    We flew MIA - BZE just last month on Avios for 30k Avios RT for 2 people. The fees where around $ 100 I think but included the airport tax. We booked through the BA site, no problem.

6. MFinch

MFinch Member

Status Points:
    Us AA. Login to the site search for the flights to Belize. Use the month calendar. Once you find your flights log into BA and search their availability. Make sure to use partners. Make sure the flight #s match and you are good. Saturday to Saturday seems open FYI I might know;)

7. MFinch

MFinch Member

Status Points:
    I'm out of DFW so you may have to position here. The legs can be price on BA to get to DFW. Limit your legs to use less Avios but a lot of people don't mind after the 100k offer