How to Get Credit Card Referral Bonuses?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by FlyingFree, Jan 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    On many travel blogs, the writers offer links to credit card deals, from which they receive a bonus. I am not a blogger, but friends seek my advice about acquiring miles. How can I get links that allow friends to apply for cards, which also provide me a mileage bonus for the referral? I’m assuming (maybe wrongly) that these links are different than those normally sent in e-mails or other promotional offers from the card issuers. I help my friends for free, but it would be nice if I could get a small benefit for my time and knowledge.

2. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I once asked Chase via secure message if it was possible to get some type of referral bonus for sending friends to the Sapphire Preferred. They replied that there were no referral bonuses for current cardholders at this time.

FlyingFree likes this.
  3. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You probably would need to join an affiliate program that offers the ads/ referrals. It's not likely though that you would qualify for any promos you'd want to share with a friend.

4. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    There are only a couple of "refer a friend" type bonus's out there. However, most of them do not give the "new" member as good a bonus as the normal bonus. So basically you are getting your miles from them. The couple that I know have been out there (but may no longer be) are the Starwood card and a Hilton card.

harvson3 and FlyingFree like this.
  5. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I actually recently received a fair referral offer for the Delta card but I cancelled my card so I doubt I would get the bonus.
    The offer is 10,000 for me, 30,000 for the new cardholder.

harvson3 and FlyingFree like this.
  6. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Start a site/blog/whatever. Join a referral program like Flex Offers. Apply for the affiliates within that referral program. Be warned, the biggest payers (Chase & AmEx) are the hardest to get approved by.

I actually have my site enrolled in Flex Offers, but never got approved by Chase or AmEx.

DealsSeeker, NickM_LA, MLW20 and 2 others like this.
  7. infamousdx

infamousdx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Amex's Twitter/FB is actually promoting this "double referral bonus" that's going on. It's not really anything earth shattering:

Platinum: 50k after $3k spend in 3 mos (10k to referrer)
    SPG: 'standard' 25k after $5k spend in 6 mos (10k to referrer)
    Delta Gold: Like MLW20 said... 30k miles after $500 spend in 3 mos (10k to referrer)

8. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have the SPG AmEx, you can find your referral link by logging into your card account and looking at the drop-down menu.

FlyingFree likes this.
  9. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also hilton Amex Surpass currently has a referal bonus of 20k points to the referer and 60k bonus for the referee along with all the other Surpass benefits.
    the standard hilton amex has a referal bonus but the referee does not get an offer nearly as good as the public offer

Espan likes this.
  10. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    How does one find/get this Amex referal bonus

11. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    the US bank Flex Perks offers 5000 points for the referrer and 17,000 for the new card member. It takes 20,000 points to get a $400 flight.