How to earn miles without flying. It’s easier than you think.

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Courtesy: Citi Bank Most of us bloggers earn a good portion of our miles from flying. However, non-frequent flyers can also earn miles without stepping foot inside of an aircraft. Take my friend Kathy for example. Kathy took her first flight (ever) this past December when we went to New Orleans for New Years. A round-trip flight between DCA and MSY nets you 1,938 AAdvantage miles. Yet Kathy has a total of 59,798 AAdvantage miles. How did Kathy do this? Credit card – She earns 1 mile/$1 spent on her credit card plus the bonus miles she earned for applying. Dinning – She earns miles for dining at select restaurants. Shopping – She is a big online spender so Kathy uses online portals that reward her spending with miles. Courtesy: Rewards Network In a matter of four months Kathy has managed to earn nearly 60,000 miles. That’s enough for a round trip flight to Europe in coach., yet Kathy has only actually flown 1,938 miles. So what I’m trying to share with non-frequent flyers, especially my personal friends, is that you don’t need to fly in order to get a free trip. So start earning more miles by.. Dinning – [...] The post How to earn miles without flying. It’s easier than you think. appeared first on The Winglet.

Continue reading...