How to do hotel status match to Intercontinental from Hyatt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by syphlix, Mar 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there,

I got Hyatt Platinum from the Hyatt Chase credit card.

Is there a way to get this status matched to Intercontinental hotels?

Thanks!

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I suspect that you just need to call the Intercontinental Service desk and ask. Have read reports that they will match. Believe their phone number is 1-888-211-9874.

Good luck.

Mikel likes this.
  3. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    In most cases you will have to fax/email a copy of your statement to show your stays. Programs will not match based on points or tier status earned through credit cards. They want to see actual nights stayed in other programs before matching you. You might also want to post this on the ICH forum. Since Hyatt Platinum is just the first tier, and equivalent to PC Gold, you will likely be informed that you can buy PC Gold for $50 (or $200 if you purchase Ambassador status).

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is not true that "Programs will not match based on points or tier status earned through credit cards."
    I am Platinum on Priority Club and the vast majority of my points come from my PC credit card and other non-stay points (one stay at a PC hotel last year before becoming Plat. So far, Best Western, Choice and Goldpoints Plus have given me status matches. All they required was to see a copy of my PC statement.
    Other programs may have different standards, of course.

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, you're dumpster diving. The programs that you mention are the bottom of the barrel ones. I very much doubt SPG, HH or even PC will status match without evidence of actual stays. And even PC because it sells Gold status. But even if PC does, the major programs do not status match against PC because they know it is very easy to earn even top tier Plat. (RA is a different matter.) And they demand an actual proof of stays, not just showing you have another program's elite status.

6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I guess that I'm one of the bums who dumpster dives, because I have been very comfortable and happy with all of my stays in those bottom of the barrel programs, and with the complimentary upgrades they have given me. :)

doc likes this.
  7. doc
    Original Member

doc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, and that's good for you! :)
    Yet, at Hyatt, IMHO, what you really waht is top tier status, Diamond,,
    As I recall, they are a bit like Hilton.. they treated me, & presumably all their top tier folks so well..
    I hated to lose it.. lol ;)
    And frankly, I've not stayed their recently..but would surely do so if I were a Diamond again..

A former Hyatt GP Diamond..

All the best :)

8. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Canadi>n. From my experience, most programs do match based on the other programs status. For example, I am HHonors Diamond based on Amex spending. Have a few stays at Hilton per year. Nowhere near enough for Diamond based on nights or stays. Because of various circumstances, I decided that it would be advantageous to get SPG status. Requested the "once in a lifetime" match and about a week later I received Platinum status.

9. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    hrmm

just fyi, i called priority club and they will match you to gold, which looks mostly worthless

10. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    They will definitely match platinum, whether they said so or not. Platinum isn't worth much at Priority Club, relative to status levels at other major programs, but it's sure better than walking in without status.