How to do a segment run?

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Ronnie Hansen, Nov 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ronnie Hansen

Ronnie Hansen Active Member

Status Points:
    Alright, you pros, I need some help - and it's quite basic.

I read all the discussions on segments run, and since I've had a baby 8 months ago, my traveling have been so reduced, that I no myself need to do some running before loosing my status.

But how do I get about it? Will travels bought on momondo.com, kayak.com and others qualify? I've never thought this to be the case, so I almost always book through sas.dk.

I've tried working out the its-matrix website, and I do get most - but when I need to turn elsewhere to book the actual flight, my talent stops.

So - please help me; how to I practically get around doing some segments at lowest cost possibly - I'm based in CPH.

OY-JFS likes this.
  2. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    All SK flight will count, no matter where you purchased the tickets.
    matrix.itasoftware.com is good for searching for fares, but you can't use it for booking. So whenever you have found a fare you need to book, you have to go to sas.dk, wideroe.no or another website to actually book the flight(s). Here momondo.dk is helpful, but if it is just a matter of a few kroners, I would prefer to book directly with SAS instead of supersaver or whichever site comes out as cheapest on momondo.

Maybe you have noticed that you now earn 100% Eurobonus points on all SAS flights, so maybe a segment run might not be as effectfull as mileage run, but you have to do the math yourself.

Ronnie Hansen likes this.
  3. Ronnie Hansen

Ronnie Hansen Active Member

Status Points:
    Arh, yes. The 100 % points now, make's it obvious to use Momondo and the others. I think I'll chance my perspective from segments to points, now. Thanks a lot for pointing that out, OY-JFS!

OY-JFS likes this.