How to do a 8-9 day rental using Gold Plus Points ?

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by DealsRock, May 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DealsRock

DealsRock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it possible to do an 8 or 9-day rental using Gold Plus Points? I see the option for weekly or a day only.

I suppose one could make two reservations and return the car mid-rental, but that will be really inconvenient.

If I take it for only the weekly rental additional $90+ daily charges apply.

Anyone experience this or a know of a workaround?

2. nelsoji
    Original Member

nelsoji Silver Member

Status Points:
    I dealt with same thing a while back. I believe when I read through their T's and C's there was no way to do anything longer than a 7-day rental on points. If you can't return it you will have to just pay the difference. A definite downside to the program, but if you are getting $630 rental ($90.day * 7 days) for free, its probably still a good thing!!

3. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    My suggestion would likely completely depend on the station (and the size / busy-ness of the station), but if the place you're renting from isn't close to you where you can return mid-week to swap contracts (to go from the points reservation to a paid rental), you can try talking to the station manager directly and see if s/he would be willing to start a new rental agreement for you while you're out on the road.

Ultimately all the agents care about, when closing one contract and opening up a new contract (even if you are keeping the same car) is keeping track of the mileage and the wear and tear. So just telling them the mileage should be enough. But again, this would totally depend on the station. And you'd likely have much better luck with a HLE station versus an airport, where they wouldn't have as much motivation to do you many favors if you're not a H.V.C.