How to credit Quantas codeshare operated by Emirates?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by foomonkey, Jan 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. foomonkey

foomonkey Active Member

Status Points:
    I have a leg on a Quantas flight number on Emirates metal. Can I use my USAirways # to get miles that qualify towards 2015 elite?

If not can I do so with American?

I have chairman's preferred with US so that's the program I'd prefer to use but if it won't count on AA or US as tier qualifying miles I'm wondering if I should use Emirates.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No and no.

Also, it is Qantas, without the "U" in the name.

3. SYD

SYD Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of several pitfalls with code share flights.

Most, if not all OW airline earn rules state "flights marketed and operated by a OW airline". eg QF on AA metal can credit both ways.

The flight will credit to QFF for miles and status credits under QF special rule. Similarly, it should credit to EK SkyRewards under the bilateral agreement between QF and EK.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  4. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Slightly off topic, but maybe not really: Is Jetstar treated the same as Qantas for US preferred mileage accrual? My dad is fighting with US about getting >0 mileage credit for a SYD-HNL flight in January 2015 on Jetstar (tix purchased through Qantas.com.au round trip. Original HNL-SYD flight posted correctly (QF-operated), but nothing at all for the return. Is this the norm?

theBOAT