How To Credit American Flights To Alaska Mileage Plan?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Reader concorde02 asked the following question in the "Ask Lucky" forum: "I remembered you did SFO-DFW-HKG trip using SWU to upgrade to J but credit the miles to AS. How does it work? Should I leave the AA number with the reservation until the upgrade is confirm then change to AS number?? Would that be too risky to not get miles to credit?" I figured this question would be worth answering here, as it addresses a topic which I think is interesting "big picture." Airlines having been changing up their frequent flyer programs significantly over the past several years, whether it's going fully revenue based, slashing mileage earnings on cheap fares, etc. So more than ever before there are arbitrage opportunities, whereby you can maximize your miles by crediting to airlines other than the one you're flying with. The post How To Credit American Flights To Alaska Mileage Plan? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...