How To Cancel A Flight Booked With Avios

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Jul 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Recently I had to cancel a flight I had booked on British Airways Avios. At first, I thought I was going to lose the Avios because I knew they charge $40 per person to cancel, and I did not want to spend $80 (two people on the reservation) when I only spent 18,000 Avios and $28. Sure enough, I discovered that British Airways allows you to cancel the flight and get a full refund on your Avios. The only thing you don’t get refunded on is the amount that you spent in taxes in fees, which in this case was the $28. This is a pretty good deal given that I had spent 18,000 Avios that I got back in its entirety (they instantly went back to my account). The best part of this is that it is easy to cancel online with the click of a couple buttons, so don’t worry about spending endless time on the phone waiting to cancel it! Overall, I’d say if you are looking to cancel a flight booked on Avios, determine what is the cheapest way to do it. If I had spent more than $40 and wanted the Avios back, I very [...] The post How To Cancel A Flight Booked With Avios appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...