How to book partner award involving connection?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by upgrade, Mar 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm considering booking an award DCA-ORD-MSP (and back) on AA, and as far as I can discern this cannot be done online. Would some kind soul either confirm or dispel my suspicion that I have to call BA? (If so, will BA insist irrationally on charging a fee for handling via phone something that couldn't be done online?)

And yes, I did peruse/search existing threads before posting. If the answer is already here, it is well enough buried that I could not find it.

2. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can book it on BA.com if there is availability. I've checked, and it displays routings DCA-MSP (sometimes via DFW rather than ORD) on some random dates in May. If you can't see the availability, then that probably means there isn't any redemption space available.

There is nothing irrational in charging for conducting transactions on the telephone.

3. upgrade

upgrade Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I checked & AA is showing low-level awards for the dates in question, but BA does not.

4. The Saint
    Original Member

The Saint Silver Member

Status Points:
    Then you'll have to call and see whether the agent can see the availability. By all means, point out the fact that you have been unable to book it through the website and ask them to waive the offline service fee.