How the airlines are viewing their customers

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by guinnessxyz, Sep 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...e-details/article14174392/#dashboard/follows/

“Old values should never keep you from modernizing yourself continuously,” he says over bite-size entrees. Central to his strategy is the idea that the standard of service among North American carriers has slipped dramatically, as have customer expectations, leaving room for Lufthansa to capture more profitable travellers willing to spend more on a ticket.
    Meanwhile, Lufthansa is introducing premium economy fares next spring, an industry trend Mr. Spohr isn’t so crazy about. “When companies don’t allow their employees to travel in business class any more, it’s a trend I don’t generally like. But if it’s there, I want to respond,” he said.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Havent't heard much about LH premium economy yet... anybody have some insights?

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Late to the latest twist in this conversation, it occurs to me to wonder: "perhaps the airlines view their customers as being ..... (wait for it) ..... customers.

There's not much justification for over-analysis beyond that point, is there?

4. Agreed but you will never get the "I want it for nothing" crowd to agree. They all think airlines should lose money.
    We are now living in a sellers market for airlines and hotels and they are going to let us know that by up pricing their products

jbcarioca and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    LH TATL F is some of the best service I have ever experienced aboard an airline. The FRA FCT is an amazing experience. LH adding E+ seting lets them compete with the US international carriers, but LH F & C are often much better than what their US competition offers.

jbcarioca likes this.