How strict are SEN lounges on 1 *A gold geust rule when 2nd guest is small child?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by jfhscott, Aug 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, I wish I could edit a thread title, but I assure all that I know how to spell "guest".

I have an friend who will be transitioning to BER soon, and anticiaptes extensive *A intra-europe travel.

Given that I owed him for various good deeds, I took him along on a DCA-SJU in UA F this spring, which with other incidental earnings scored him Aegean Gold (*A Gold).

Like many folks, he rather much likes Senator Lounges and looks forward to using them, and at times getting points with colleagues with whom he will travel by getting guest admittance for them, too.

The problem:

When he travels with his family, he will want to bring in his wife and 2 year old, which clearly involves 2 guests.

The stories of Sen Lounge Dragons denying entrance when one does not have a *A gold card - even when a BP clearly identifies status are legion.

Will the dragons be equally strict with respect to the one guest rule when the second guest is a small child?

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    A lot of different Priority Pass lounges have the rule that there is no charge for children under 2, which I suspect is generally the rule across carriers. For LH specifically, who knows, but if there's discretion, I would expect it more for a SEN card or travelling on LH business class.

3. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guest policy is 1 adult guest and any children under 18. Just has to be same day departure for all guests on a *A carrier. The *G card is a requirement (at least technically) for lounge access, so make sure he knows to have one. I've gone as far as to request 2 duplicate cards so I keep one in my wallet, my passport case and my brief case. So it reduces the chance of forgetting it come travel day.

4. tyrolean

tyrolean Active Member

Status Points:

Not true: There is a difference between LH-SEN and other *G: SEN will get a guest + own children. *G can only take one guest into the Lounge. You may ask and have a great chance that they will let you in.

5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had situations where I guested my wife and 2adult friends into sen lounge with only star G. In all cases it will depend on the benevolence of the lounge matron. With lounge access there are no absolute truths.