How Stingy Is American With First Class Award Space?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

There's no doubt that a lot has changed in the airline industry over the past several years, especially as it pertains to award availability. With airlines actually making money flying full planes with good yields, we've continually seen less and less award space. This is especially evident with American Airlines. Going back a few years, they were by far the best airline when it comes to releasing award space on their own flights. Whether you were looking for economy, business, or first class, they released space to most of their destinations, including Europe, Latin America, and Asia. As I wrote about last October, AAdvantage award space has taken a sharp turn for the worse, especially for travel to Europe. At the time, there was a single date in all of 2014 with first or business class award availability at the saver level. I get that airlines are less incentivized than ever before to release award space, but that's kind of extreme. At the same time, I can't totally blame them for not releasing much award space in advance, given that those seats could otherwise be sold. The post How Stingy Is American With First Class Award Space? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...