How Static is AA's PNR?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kw335, Apr 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks-

I redeemed an all-partner award to Asia on a while ago, booked mostly in Z except for the segments where CX F or AA F are not available. I just logged on to AA.com and saw that under "cabin", my CX segments are listed as "Business" or "Economy", both still have its original booking codes of "Z" and "U", respectively.

When I logged onto cathaypacific.com and entered the 5-digit PNR generated by CX, they were still listed as booked, nothing has changed at all.

Should I be worried at all? AA said their computer is still showing whatever was booked months ago.

Thanks!

2. abk
    Original Member

abk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure this is the answer to your question, but when I book CX segments on AA, AA will automatically assign me a a CX seat which will show up on the AA PNR. In order to get the seat I want I will then call CX and have them assign a seat for me. AA's PNR will not update in real time if it does at all. Sometimes weeks later I will notice it is correct and sometimes not.

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    As long as your booking code shows your proper class and the CX website shows you in the correct class, I wouldn't worry. AA can say whatever it wants, if CX as the operator knows where you are, you should be good. :)

4. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to both of you! It may be just a fluke on AA.com's part :)

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just as a follow up, it can't hurt to call CX and ask them as well.....