How often online inventory is incorrect?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by LoyaltyLobby, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. LoyaltyLobby
    Original Member

LoyaltyLobby Active Member

Status Points:
    Oftentimes I book for same day arrival and sometimes late into the evening.

Again last night hyatt.dumb showed all room categories available for sale for same day arrival. When I arrived to the hotel they were almost sold out and they couldn't i.e. provide me the bed type that I had booked.

BTW the bed type guarantee doesn't apply for same day arrivals. Only to bookings made at least 24 hours in advance.

Of my 120+ paid Hyatt stays last year this same problem occurred maybe four/five times. The properties did take care of the issue but it is somewhat surprising that at this day and age the inventory that is sold online doesn't even remotely reflect what is actually available at the hotel level.

2. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had a similar situation last week regarding a suite...management made it right, but they were completely flummoxed by the fact that I was able to reserve it online as all suites had been sold out for weeks. ( and I know that was true...I had been checking every day, so even I was surprised!)

3. bbbb
    Original Member

bbbb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I find that its incorrect a lot when I should have got a better upgrade and call down to the desk after checking inventory from the room.[​IMG]